More Uncaged sites:
A warming, substantial soup, ideal for chilly autumn evenings.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 red peppers, finely chopped
- 2 dried red chillies, chopped
- large tin of tomatoes, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1kg of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 litres vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to season
- 200g stale French bread, cut into rounds and toasted
Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Fry onions and peppers on medium
heat until soft. Add chillies, tomatoes, garlic, parsley and cauliflower,
cover and cook for ten minutes, stirring frequently. Add stock, bring
to boil, and simmer for ten to fifteen minutes. Season as desired.
Place half of the toast in bottom of a large soup tureen, and ladle
on half of the soup. Add the rest of the toast, then the remainder of
the soup. Garnish with sprigs of parsley and serve.
If you have any other seasonal vegetables available, why not add them,
or substitute for one of the other ingredients.
Next recipe >>